Main Idea: Religious and ethnic conflict have influenced culture in eastern europe
Culture: The culture in eastern europe today reflects its past as well as a hopeful future
Language and Religion:
- Most people in europe speak Indo-European languages
- These include Salvic languages such as Polish and Czech, and Baltic languages include Latvian and Luthanian.
- In the 1990s Religious and ethnic differences were at the heart of conflict in the Balkhin Peninsula
Education and Health Care:
- Literacy rates are high in this sub- region
- School is manditory and free of charge
- Some places have suffered funding challenges in their transition to democratic governments
The Arts and Leisure:
- Folk and classical music is really important among Czech, Hungarian, Solveck, and Slovene People.
- The former Soviet Union encouraged sports and physical activity